70th Birthday

If John Lennon had only been one of the four members of the Beatles, his artistic immortality would already have been assured. The so-called “smart Beatle,” he brought a penetrating intelligence and a stinging wit both to the band’s music and its self-presentation. But in such songs as “Strawberry Fields Forever,” “Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown),” “Rain” and “In My Life,” he also marshaled gorgeous melodies to evoke a sophisticated, dreamlike world-weariness well beyond his years. Such work suggested not merely a profound musical and literary sensibility – a genius, in short — but a vision of life that was simultaneously reflective, utopian and poignantly realistic.

http://www.johnlennon.com/

3 Comments:

Julio dijo...

30 years ago that killed John Lennon. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I just started my first year at university. The news was on the radio and TV for many days. For Beatles fans deprived us of to hear new great songs.
When I hear "Imagine" (song that was heard for the first time after death), I think of these days.
Julio

Mr. de Diego dijo...

Julio. I think that we are getting older...
Ah, no! I forgot that I'm younger than you. Ha, ha, ha.:-}

Julio dijo...

Of course Javier, I love you too.
I have many years..(you more of less), but I feel younger.

Publicar un comentario

:-) :-S :-P :-[ :-D }:-] X* ;-D :-| :-} :*) :-( ;-) XD

contador de visitas